Sunday 11 September 2011

Falling For Nail Polish.....fall colours for the urban gal!


The cooler temperature has me thinking about the fact that summer is coming to an end and fall is just around the corner. My strappy sandals look very upset by this. I think they realize it’s that time of year again where they’re going to be spending a lot of time at home!


It’s time to start making some adjustments: switching tank tops for long sleeves, strappy sandals for closed toe shoes and changing up my nail colour line up. My summer colours are just a bit too bright for the earthiness of autumn.


I am a big fan of China Glaze’s nail polishes. They have a wide range of colours, are reasonably priced and the application brush is one of my fav’s on the market. Enough about that and on to the colour suggestions.


Awaken: This is a great metallic grey colour. It’s a shade that looks good on just about anybody! It’s a great shade for a special event since it has a bit of sparkle to it. Don’t worry though...your nails won’t be sparkling enough to be seen across the room.;)


IX: I love my browns. What can I say? This is a nice deep brown colour that has autumn written all over it!


Wagon Trail: Not everyone will be a big fan of this colour, but I like it more and more each day. It has a deep green undertone with a bit of sparkle to it as well.


Drastic: A gal can never go wrong with having a red nail polish. Lucky for you, there are two on our list! This red is a deeper tone. So for those of you looking for a more festive red, continue on to Red Pearl.


VII: Personally,I think this colour should have been called eggplant. Then again, what do I know about nail polish names? LOL. This is an awesome nail colour that’s bold without being over the top. Me likey!


Bermuda Breakaway: If you find yourself singing the blues this fall, why not make your nail polish match your mood? Be sure to imagine being on a beach in Bermuda while painting on your fav blue. Who knows, it may lift your spirits a bit.


Red Pearl: Someone at China Glaze must have been watching The Wizard of Oz before coming up with this nail colour. It reminds me of Dorothy’s classic ruby slippers. A must have for those fancy nights on the town you have coming up this season.


What are your fall nail colour suggestions? Feel free to comment on your fave’s. After all, it isn’t all about me!

Cheers to beauty-ful days!
Nina

The Urban Beauty Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment